Tonight I made tomato sauce for the first time since the baby started having reaction to my milk. I ate a slice of tomato last week and I don't think there was any effect so I decided I wanted to try more tomato! I have been missing pasta and sauce. I have found that I like quinoa pasta and Orgran brand pasta best. Tonight I used Orgran Rice and Millet Spirals. The sauce was ground turkey with chopped onion, garlic powder, thyme, oregano, basil, and marjoram. It was fantastic. The whole family was happy... now to wait and see if the baby reacts.
A side note- I don't use a lot of ground turkey because of the natural flavoring. I try to stay away from additives as much as possible, but I don't live in a perfect world and ground turkey is cheap. I have found that I am sensitive to additives though and tonight may be proving it. I haven't had ground turkey in over a month and tonight I am feeling itchy. Maybe there is a little wheat in there... ugh. So maybe I will just use cut up turkey next time. Live and learn!
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment