Since I can eat nuts, I have many more options than someone who is sensitive to EVERYTHING. One thing I have been missing in particular since I had to stop dairy is ice cream. I looked at the ingredients in Rice Dream ice cream, but there is some soy. I am still staying away from soy since I don't know if it will affect the baby and chances are that it will.
So I was shopping at the co-op the other day and I thought I would take a look to see what they might have for frozen treats for my diet... lo and behold I found Luna and Larry's Coconut Bliss brand ice cream. I just tried the vanilla and it is FANTASTIC- creamy and decadent. Its loaded with fat so it is definitely a treat, but it is delicious and all natural. Here is the food allergy info.
Also today, my sister made this delicious butternut squash soup which also had coconut milk in it. I can't remember all of what was in it... I will try to make it sometime and create a recipe.
For lunch today we met up with an old neighbor, Nancy, and took her to my favorite allergy friendly restaurant- Flat Top Grill. She was most impressed and told me that if I needed a stir-fry fix to let her know. Today I made the best stir-fry yet with broccoli, potato, black beans, onion, garlic, ginger, carrots, chicken ( they are awesome about getting me a special order of non-marinated) and lime-basil sauce. My sister got a coconut beverage... Of course I had some of that too.
So the theme for the day was coconut!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment